05 September 2013

Wonderment @ Sands Theatre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore

Wonderment
A Dance Spectacle by O School
The FIRST ever Singapore production to be staged at the Sands Theatre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore


The Sands Theatres was home to many incredible productions such as Wicked, Lion King, Phantom of The Opera, Slava Snow Show and many more. 

I got the opportunity to be part of this production as the Special Effects Advisor, having to design and create some of the effects used in the show.


Ryan was the chief choreographer of the show, his choreography and creativity is just amazing! I've had the honour to have him as my dance instructor back in my MDC days.


Planning and rehearsals started months ago.


 Wonderment is a show made up of extremely passionate and dedicated people. The energy of the people coming together, working towards the same goal is incredible! I can't help but to feel the enthusiasm of everybody as one big family, and what a talented family indeed!




Setting up and some behind-the-scenes photos!



 The Sands Theatre is a beautiful, fully equipped theatre!


Hanging our sceneries on the flybars


 Our huge bed prop that transforms into a horizontal stage.


The wall at the fire-escape backstage was filled with "priceless graffiti" left by casts and crews from the previous shows
(Click to enlarge)

Some "Streamer bombs" that I made...

Of course, as of everything I do, there must be LEDs! Read about my obsession with LEDs and a LED costume that I made recently from my blog post here!




 Floating top-hats?!

A balloon-drop effect during the finale

Some pictures from rehearsals and shows
 

Jeffrey Tan & Priscilla Khong came to watch the show! Jeffrey is an amazing dancer & choreographer, he choreographed the dance in "Voyage de la vie" which I loved so much. Jeffrey was also one of my dance teacher during my MDC days. Priscilla is the star in The Magic of Lawrence & Priscilla




We used projection mapping in the show, check out this hilarious scene!
(Click on the video to play)


 The very talented Terence Then, played a magician role in his dance item!



A vanishing illusion in the show


The staff & crew at Marina Bay Sands, our heroes behind the scenes!

 We were all given a "Wonderment Bear"



The amazingly talented cast and crew of Wonderment!


 It is an honor to be working with all the talented people behind the show. It was a truly amazing experience!

**UPDATED**

Watch the video highlights!


With Love,
 - Kiki Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Like my blog!