07 September 2013

Kiki Tay at the Singapore Maker Faire 2013!

My booth at the Singapore Maker Faire 2013


I had a booth at this year's Singapore Maker Faire. It was an opportunity to show off some of my inventions and creations, I also had the chance to meet many incredible people with the same passion!


The Maker Faire is a two-days event featuring "makers" of all sorts. Held at *SCAPE Warehouse at Orchard, Singapore. The faire showcases incredible stuff that people makes, inspiring a trend of "the maker spirit".


I had so much sentimental memories of this venue. It was home to 3 seasons of "*SCAPE Magic Carnival" A show I produced back in 2011. I have several posts on my blog for *SCAPE Magic Carnival" Here's one of it.



You can't miss my booth when you step into the faire, it's the most "dazzling" booth of all. My booth was a showcase of my passion and obsession with LEDs!





Some of my inventions were on sale during the faire, including my newly launched "World's Smallest Bubble Machine

I had problems meeting up with demands for this product. There is still a long waiting list for it. Hopefully by the time you read this post it might be back in stock again. Do check out my product page to find out where you might be able to get one.




Also featured was my "Tiny Handheld Smoke Machine"! Below is a video of it. Read more about it at my blog post here. This item isn't available for sale yet as producing each piece takes a lot of effort.



And of course my "LED Magician v2.0", a simple solution I created to easily create running light sequences for LED projects. Check it out at my blog post here. Or see some of the cool projects submitted by some of my users here.




I also gave a talk on LEDs & Robotics, where I shared some of the technologies behind some of my creations.

Creating a storm of bubbles with my "World's Smallest Bubble Machine"


Showing off the intricate electronics behind my "Show Robot v4.0". Read about it at my blog post here.



Explaining the technology and workings behind the "LED Magician v2.0"



I had the chance to meet Tony, the "Ironman" of Singapore! Check out his work on his facebook page!


The CEO of the Singapore Science Centre dropped by my booth! I had the chance to show him some of my creations earlier this month during the Maker Faire press conference where I made the "second debut" of my LED Jacket. Read about it from my blog post here.



It was a tiring two full days of standing behind the booth, talking and sharing with many people. But it's all worth it! I had such a fun time at the Maker Faire! Do check out the Singapore Maker Faire website to know more about the faire. I'll definitely be back next year with a whole new lot of stuff! Stay tuned!

With Love,
  - Kiki Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Like my blog!