28 February 2012

Kiki Tay's - Lessons learnt from aging...

Kiki Tay's Lessons learnt from ageing


Last December, I turned 30


 This age really triggered a lot of thinking. I started to question about my life, looked back at how much of my life I had wasted away, all the things that I had done and all the things that I COULD have done.. Turning thirty also brought along a certain amount of wisdom.. Many things that I couldn't understand, cannot relate to, or thought I would never be able to relate to, all started to make sense to me.. To help me remember my youth, I'm dedicating this blog post to some of the weirdest transitions I experienced.. 

PRESENTING...

KIKI TAY'S TOP 25 LIST OF 
"YOU KNOW YOU ARE GETTING OLD WHEN..."!


25. The toys you want to buy usually comes with an installment plan...

24. People who drives slower than you are idiots and people who drives faster than you maniacs!

23. Insurance agents don't look for you, you look for them..

22. Products in pharmacies start to look really interesting and you find yourself "shopping for pleasure" inside one...

21. You appreciate the functions in a luxury car and complain about your sporty not having those functions. 

20. You wonder what the fuss is golf about, and you join a club just to find out.

19. You now understand deeply inside you, what the terms "Youngsters nowadays.." means!

18. You visit your doctor for reasons other than getting an MC...

17. Your friend wished you "happy birthday" and you responded by saying "Shhh..!!"

16. You have your own cabinet of medicines, vitamins and supplements...

15. You go to "Super Junior" concert expecting to see a group of dancing babies...

14. Your conversation with friends revolved around either health, wealth or politics...

13. Music in cafes, clubs or pubs are suddenly  "too loud"...

12. You have your own opinions about parties... POLITICAL parties...

11. You start to use this phrase "it's getting late"

10. You wonder if you have enough money in your CPF to buy a flat...

9. You asked about medical benefits before deciding to join a company...

8. Shirts are now comfortable and you actually feel good wearing it...

7. It looks like it's going to rain, and you carry an umbrella with you everywhere you go...

6. You start looking at properties...

5. You give telemarketers an opportunity to tell you about their product before you say "sorry not interested"

4. You complain about food being "too sweet" or "too salty"

3. Your blog has more opinions that pictures...

2. Your best friend is getting married, you asked "when?" instead of "why!?!??"

And at number one...

1. You kept nodding and smiling while reading a list of "You know you're getting old when..."

And a bonus...

0. You never thought you could write a list of "You know you are getting old when" and YOU DID! And the list has more than 20 items in it!

There you go! 



Happy 30th Birthday to me...



- Kiki Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Like my blog!