06 October 2011

My Hero is gone...

My hero is gone, my idol, the one I look up to and admire... The person whose brand and product I trust and love the most... One of the greatest man who ever lived... You were my inspiration... Steve, you will be remembered and missed... May you forever rest in peace...

Dedicated to my Hero



Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011




"Steve was one of a kind, and will truly be missed."
- Ronald Wayne, co-founder, Apple Computer Company


"Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it." - Barack Obama

"Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world." - Barack Obama


"For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely." - Bill Gates

"Steve fought a long battle against tough odds in a very brave way. He kept doing amazing things in the face of all that adversity. As someone who has had his own medical challenges, I couldn't help but be encouraged by how he persevered." - Paul Allen, Co-Founder, Microsoft 

"Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you." - Mark Zuckerberg

"He was very kind to reach out to me as I became CEO of Google and spend time offering his advice and knowledge even though he was not at all well. My thoughts and Google's are with his family and the whole Apple family." - Larry Page, CEO, Google


"Steve, your passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the macbook I am writing this on right now). And I have witnessed it in person the few times we have met. On behalf of all of us at Google and more broadly in technology, you will be missed very much. My condolences to family, friends, and colleagues at Apple." 
Sergey Brin, Co-founder, Google

"Despite all he accomplished, it feels like he was just getting started. With his passing the world has lost a rare original, Disney has lost a member of our family, and I have lost a great friend." 
Bob Iger, CEO, Disney


"Once in a rare while, somebody comes along who doesnt just raise the bar, they create an entirely new standard of measurement." - Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter

"Steve Jobs was the greatest inventor since Thomas Edison. He put the world at our fingertips."
Steven Spielberg


"He was one of the most remarkable business managers and innovators in american business history."
Warren Buffett

Apple CEO Tim Cook:

"I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.

Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

We are planning a celebration of Steve's extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email rememberingsteve@apple.com.

No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve's death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much."


With Love,
   - Kiki Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Like my blog!